So True...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing 4


Flickr is a program I have heard of but never explored and I find it to be wonderful! I love that we can view all of these photographs taken by professionals and not so professionals; it opens a whole new world. Searching through the photos is a very easy process and there is an amazing abundance of pictures. I searched for a few different topics some library related and then some personal interests. I found a really cool unique little library photograph: --------------------------->>

Caption under photo, "The Tulare County Free Library. Originally, this was Dickerson Library. All of the buildings at Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park have been beautifully restored."

The photograph was taken by: "Matt (mistergoletta)".

It is hard to see but the sign on the front of the library says, "Tulare County Free Library". What I find so great about this photograph is the quaint size of the library! Can you imagine the limited collection?

I would find Flickr to be a very useful tool more for my personal use than for what I do at the library. I'd get a lot of use out of posting photographs taken of nature or pictures that are more public appropriate. As far as I understand though you can also use Flickr for organizing your personal/non-public pictures, which would be convenient. I do not have specific tasks that would require me to use such a program, but per say if I were one working on the library website this program would work great in keeping all the photos needed in one specific place and allow you to keep things organized.

No comments: