So True...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing 13

I logged on to my yahoo email account and decided to experiment "thing 13" on my homepage. I wanted to see if I could jazz it up a bit, which is exactly what I did! I was able to change the background to a fierce leopard print... ha ha. Besides allowing you to personalize your page you are also able to add and delete items of interest to you. For example, I was able to add a Facebook application to my page which then gives a shortcut to that specific website. This would not be necessary for my job, but I suppose nice to utilize in my free time. The calendar I used was through MSN or my hotmail account. It would be useful for work but in my opinion would take up too much time to fill out. I would much rather shoot for the old fashioned route of just writing important dates down in my planner. It is much more accessible for me at any time I may need to look at it. Also my cell phone has the capability you to post reminders in the calender for yourself, which is also very useful. If I had a laptop this may be of great use to me. I did find both of these applications to be enjoyable to explore.

No comments: